Webm Looping Improvement
  • We all can agree that the implementing of webm playback in to the app is amazing and allows for us to see higher quality animations at a fraction of the bandwidth and resources. However, I have noticed that the loopung in webm animations are not seamless on this app. There is a delay of a few seconds before the webm replays itself, breaking any immersion. I was wondering if this is something only I experience, a bug everyone sees, or if this is there for a purpose and would like a seamless loop as .gif files would have. This isn't urgent or important, mostly just me nitpicking as usual, but would really love for this to be fixed.
  • 4 Comments Ordenar por
  • I think that might depend partially on the clip itself.
  • I thought that at first but this seems to happen across the whole app on any webm on any source. Thanks for your insight, however!
  • You aren't the only one, it's a technical issue with the player, there is a small pause before the player restart the playback. This only happens with WebM videos, for MP4 videos we use the native iOS implementation, which is very fast.

We will try to improve this in the future.
  • Sounds great! Thank you for your hard work!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!